Wayne County prosecutor Kym Worthy announced Friday three charges against the homeowner, 54-year-old Theodore Paul Wafer, for the murder of Renisha McBride. The most serious charge brought against Wafer was second degree murder.
“These are the appropriate charges and he did not act in lawful self-defense,” Worthy said.
According to police, Wafer shot McBride, 19, on Nov. 2 after she went to his porch seeking help after a car crash in Dearborn Heights.
According to reports, McBride’s blood alcohol content was .218 percent, nearly three times the legal driving limit of 0.08 percent in the state of Michigan.
Wafer is not yet in custody but is expected to be arraigned at 2 p.m.
Trayvon Martin’s Life In Photos
1. Trayvon Martin Birthday1 of 6
2. Trayvon Martin Birthday2 of 6
3. Trayvon Martin Birthday3 of 6
4. Trayvon Martin Birthday4 of 6
5. Trayvon Martin Birthday5 of 6
6. Trayvon Martin Birthday6 of 6