Last night, two Detroit officers were shot while on duty in the west side. Since the shooting, a suspect has been arrested.
Raymond Durham, 60, was caught by enforcement within a few blocks of where the shooting occurred. According to Detroit Police Chief James Craig, the suspect was stopped around 8:15pm during a routine check in a drug influenced area. When asked for his ID by the officers, he pulled out a gun, shooting one officer in the ankle and the other in the neck. Body armor protected one officer from two bullets to the torso. Both are listed as critical condition. Chief James Craig says “the early diagnosis is he’s going to be OK,” when speaking about the officer who was hit in the neck.
After the capture, Durham had a gun wound to his leg, which he states happened during the initial incident and not the capture. He has since been rushed to Henry Ford Hospital.
We will keep you up-to-date when more information is released.
Celebrities React To Dallas Police Deaths
21 photos Launch gallery
1. Kim Kardashian penned a heartfelt letter
1 of 21
2. John Legend was one of the first celebrities to respond on social media.
2 of 21
3. Fabolous wants his fellow celebs to stand up!
3 of 21
4. LeBron James wants everyone to stop the violence.
4 of 21
5. Kevin Hart challenged his celeb friends to help make a change
5 of 21
6. Halle Berry shared a photo of her son, saying, “What will my brown son’s future be? What will your brown son’s future be? The uncertainty is real. I beg you not to be a bystander in this life, but to go out and find ways to make peaceful change. Our boys need us so rather than launching into deep sentiment here on this platform, I promise to find ways to get involved and help.”
6 of 21
7. Danielle Brooks wants to know: What’s going on?
7 of 21
8. Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda sent a strong message.
8 of 21
9. Diddy revealed that he has something huge planned
9 of 21
10. Erykah Badu spoke out on the wrongly accused shooter.
10 of 21
11. Amber Rose shared an adorable photo of her son Sebastian, saying, “I woke up this morning to my beautiful son with such a heavy heart. I grabbed my baby and kissed him, hugged him, told him how beautiful his skin and hair is and let him know that one day he will be able to change the world and I will love him and accept him no matter what.”
11 of 21
12. Ashanti spoke out on freedom.
12 of 21
13. Boris Kodjoe wants the answers.
13 of 21
14. Trey Songz ranted.
14 of 21
15. Usher has a question for the people.
15 of 21
16. Ms. Tina Knowles shared a pic of herself watching CNN, writing, “Oh my God ! This is horrible !! Please pray for the fallen officers, and the injured ones and their families. The violence has got to stop. Love not hate is the answer. No one has the right to take another persons life ! Not to take our black men’s lives and not police officers either. “
16 of 21
17. Tyrese vented.
17 of 21
18. Nick Cannon addressed the former Congressman that threatened President Obama
18 of 21
19. Demi Lovato tweeted about her home town.
19 of 21
20. Kris Jenner reposted Beyonce’s post
20 of 21
21. Lala Anthony shared her thoughts.
21 of 21